October 11, 2007

Feed your kids healthy snacks

This one of my major issues with my girls,getting them to eat healthy snacks. They love sweets,cakes,donuts..everything loaded with sugar!
I found this little article and I wanted to share it with you all.


15 Kid-Friendly Snacks!

When your child asks for a snack, embrace the opportunity to teach him or her about snacking wisely! Need some ideas? Try these 15 healthy munchies recommended by the American Academy of Family Physicians:
Apple slices with natural peanut butter
Grapes
Raisins or other dried fruit
Low-fat yogurt topped with granola
Pineapple chunks
Celery sticks with natural peanut butter
Broccoli and cauliflower florets with low-fat ranch dip
Low-fat cottage cheese
Low-fat cereal bars
100 percent fruit juice Popsicles
Air-popped popcorn sprinkled with garlic, onion, or chili powder
Sunflower or pumpkin seeds
Low-fat pretzels
Rice cakes
Pita or bagel chips

1 comment:

Beth Anderson said...

I love this post! Being a teacher and a mom, I can relate to the importance of healthy eating. My motto on junk food "if you don't buy it, it's not in the house to eat." Being a good roll model is so important.